The Maritime API has been developed for browsing, verifying and obtaining detailed information on vessel registration number.
You can check a vessel's registration details online, including:
- the registration expiry date
- whether the registration is current, expired or cancelled
- if a vessel registration number is reserved
Note, this service should not be used to check for the availability of personalised vessel registration numbers.
This Register, which is maintained by OneGov, records information relating to licences such as :
- The information Roads and Maritime Services provides access to through the service is information which Roads and Maritime Services holds in its databases and has collected from vessel owners, insurers, other authorities and authorised agents.
- The accuracy, completeness and currency of the information depends upon the accuracy, completeness and currency of the information which was provided to Roads and Maritime Services.
- The registration information that you access through the service is limited to information regarding the registration of the vessel in NSW.
- Roads and Maritime Services does not independently verify or warrant the accuracy or currency of the information. Other than consumer guarantees which Roads and Maritime Services gives you at law, Roads and Maritime Services makes no warranty or representation as to the correctness of the information accessed by you, whether the information is up to date as at the date of your enquiry, or its suitability for your particular purpose or any purpose. Roads and Maritime Services recommends that you make your own independent enquiries and investigations.
Browse – Provides an option to enter in partial information that returns a list of results based on the search criteria. This service is targeted for non-specific search parameters like names. The results are limited to a maximum number of 200 returns to avoid unnecessary loads on the services. The result of the Browse search provides a limited set of base level data as defined below.
Detail – The Detail API is to be used with details provided from either of the browse or verify API’s and will only return one record at a time. The API provides the set of information about the individual licence selected, that corresponds to the level of information available on the detailed screen of the Public Register application.
Browse requests contain search text and licence group data as URI parameters that return a collection of resources that match the specified criteria.
Verify requests contain licence group data and licence number as URI parameters which return limited details for a single licence number that is confirmed.
Details request contain licence ID and licence group data as URI parameters which return comprehensive details for a specific licence identifier.
Browse requests return a collection of responses for the specified criteria that matched while verify and details requests return single response for the licence provided.
HTTP 200 response is returned for success, 404 if search text misses, 500 for internal server error, 400 for bad request (e.g. licence group missing) and 401 for unauthorised access.
Data types the API returns and accepts are JSON values that are in string format.
The table below shows date, version number and a detailed description of changes or modifications made to the Maritime API. Expected or scheduled changes are indicated in a green colour while yellow is used to indicate completed upgrades or changes.
|16-Apr-2019||1.0||Maritime API development portal launched|
API NSW generates API keys for APIs, and enables authentication to your APIs using policies.
Credential pairs consisting of consumer key and secret are provisioned to clients and stored for future validation. These are issued as per the agreement with API NSW.
An OAuth call is required to provide the consumer with an authorisation token that would last approximately 12 hours from the time when request was made. User would need to send this authorisation token with every subsequent request in order to get appropriate results from the API.
For more information see OAuth 2.0